GaryJ

Default ABS Royalex Royalite durability question (age)

My Old Town Tripper is 15+ years old, and I know others that are about the same.
No problem with ABS if it is stored out of the sun.

Of course, you specify a Canadian garage, and that may be constructed to block
snow but not sun, although mine does both!

GaryJ

mraycraft wrote:
Fellow paddlers;
I have the opportunity to acquire a 10-year old Swift canoe made of
Royalite. Apparently, it has been kept in a Canadian garage when not
in use.
Assuming that the boat is otherwise structurally sound, I am not sure
what to expect in terms of durability of the material it is built
with. Does Royalex/Royalite deteriorate noticeably over time? Put
another way, would a 10-year old boat have lost anything solely due to
age?