Mike McCrea

Default Canadian Canoe Museum Closed

Long thread in CCR forum about the closu

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?t=6764

It's a shame, but the semi-gritty urban location (I know, I know,
Peterborugh was the *center* of Canadian Canoe making and all) wasn't
exactly along a general tourist route or one frequented by paddlers.
If you visited the Canadian Canoe Museum you probably sought it out
specifically and didn't just happen upon it on a day when you had time
to visit, or go there on the spur of the moment to fritter away a
rainy day.

The difference was apparent on mid-summer (July) visits to the
Canadian Canoe Museum and the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake.
The Adirondack Museum was so crowded we decided to skip even going in
- at the Canadian Canoe Museum the number of visitors more than
doubled when I went in with my wife and two sons.

While I certainly enjoyed the Canadian Canoe Museum for the laid back
and uncrowded nature of our visitI could imagine how it could stay
open with so few paying customers.

The museum need to go (relocate) to where the visitors are (can you
say "somewhere near Algonquin Park?)