Jon C

Default recommendations for a newbie

Oh yeah, accessories. Get some decent paddles, obviously. A few drybags
and a Pelican case or Otter Box (they're quick to open, so very convenient
for cameras). If you don't already have them, some good sandals (Keens are
very nice) and a good roof rack for hauling it around.

"tmac" wrote in message
m...
Hello all,

I am having a late midlife crisis and instead of a Boxter or a new wife i
thought I might try canoeing, but don't want to get a second mortgage. I
would really welcome some suggestions for a decent all purpose, but mostly
river travelling, canoe. Also, any help w/ accessories to get started

right
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who offer advice.

Terry in NW Arkansas