Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Shake and Break Part 11 - June 2, 2015

"Paul Cassel" wrote in message ...

On 8/17/2015 10:38 AM, Flying Pig wrote:

We looked at that the last time in the yard, and the cost of getting it
to someplace which could do it - and the application, of course, was
close to new chain.

As there are issues about coverage, and sticking together, perhaps, at
any of the places I discovered relative to Vero Beach FL, I elected to
go with new chain, and got $200 for the best 140' of the old, mitigating
the cost of new.

I wish it weren't so, but perhaps by the time we get to shore again,
things will have changed.

Where did you find a taker for your old chain - Sailorman at Lauderdale?

No, forum and craigslist ads; someone came up to me in the boatyard the day
before he was going to leave - he dragged the chain over to his dock (we
were close to the docks); I expect it was a boating forum.

Sailorman is too far for 150+ pounds of shipping to make worthwhile, even if
they offered enough to warrant going through the process.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not
fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson