amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default What's the catch

On 8/17/2015 1:39 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:14:14 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

On 8/17/2015 1:53 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 09:35:06 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

http://savinghomeownerstips.com/home4/

Just be sure you are not getting clipped by fees.
I did a refi on my condo years ago and went the other way. Instead of
making lower payments or taking out cash, I went up on my payments and
reduced the number of them a lot.
I ended up paying it off in about 9 years. Just make sure there is no
penalty for early payments and throw your left over lunch money at the
principal.

We did the same years ago without refinancing. Just double up on the
payments if you can afford it.

You still might want to exploit lower interest rates. I had a Carter
era mortgage and I wanted out of that abusive rate.

I wanted to say me to, but I checked, mine was in the early years of
Reagan. 30 year mortgages were running 16-3/4%. We opted for a 13-3/4%
with a 3 year balloon payment. Don't know what we did at the balloon
time, but it all worked out, we used that first house as a rental until
we sold it.
Mikek

---