lcopps

Default half-way round the world in a kayak

Consider an open cockpit model so you can sleep it it. Read "Alone at
Sea" by Dr. Hannes Lindemann before you get serious. Peter at Klepper
West can get you a copy.

Michael Zefas wrote:
Hello,

I'm considering the possibility of buying a large kayak in the Med., putting
some stuff in it and going half-way around the world in it.

Will it make it? Are there any modfications I can make to it which will
make it more resistant to the weather?

Every night, I'll pull it onto shore (I'll be able to lift it) and camp out
on the beach or wherever I stop.

The only thing I'm worried about is the weather, flipping over and sinking.

Can anyone enlighten me on this idea? Personal experiences would be helpful

Thanks,
Victor