Wildest Dream

Default Replaced starter (now clicking)

you should increase size of neg. cable also, it caries the same current,
that is unless its leaking somewhere.
I hope what u meant was 2/0 gauge.

"Matt" wrote in message
I also replaced the battery positive wire from 4 gauge to 2 gauge...

"Matt" wrote in message
Ed,

I just wanted to thank you for all your help. I got it running today

after
trying everything. what i ended up doing was changing the spark plugs

and
cleaning the distributor, eventually it turned over even better then

before.

I really appreciate all the time you took to help me out...

-matt

"Ed" wrote in message

Be real careful doing that.... put some papertowels to absord the gas

as
it comes out and keep the blower going. I still think it is

electrical
if it turns over once or twice.

Matt wrote:
I haven't tried that. Just take out each spark plug and the engine

should
turn w/o resistance once i attempt to start? no familar with

technique...

"Snafu" wrote in message
nk.net...

I also had the thought about the engine being seized when I read

about
the
hot starter cables after only a couple cranks of the starter. Have

you
tried taking out the spark plugs and rolling the engine with the

starter?
It should have no trouble spinning the engine with no compression.

Good luck!

"Ed" wrote in message

Also... how did this all start? are you sure the engine is not

seized
up? (Stuck piston, in gear, fluid in cylinder, etc). You said it

turns
over once or twice? (That is a good sign)