Mike Bailey

Default No Reverse...

Hi all, I have a 1958 Skagit runabout, a 14 footer, native to
Washington state. It has a 1966 Merc 65EL, which runs very nicely.

When I got the boat, the previous owner had lifted the control box up
to a point just below deck, so he could sit up on the seat, and look
over the windshield.

This summer, I dismantled the control box, taking care to notice the
order of assembly, and moved it back down to it's factory position.

Everything seemed to work, but I noticed the control does not shift
into reverse. The control lever will move through range of travel, and
throttle will increase, but it feels resistant, and never engages.
What have I done?

Will Arnold be elected?

Hmmm.

Thanks for any responses.