John Smith

Default Current Designs Squall/Storm

Unless you want a barge you will be WAY too small for the storm. I can't
comment on the Squall. I am 5'11" 205# and it was a tank for me. I was
looking to move up from my Rec boat but this felt like a bigger rec boat to
me. Too much initial stability, poor response to leans, mushy footpegs
(rudder). I ended up with a Tempest 170 which is SO MUCH better of a boat
for me it isn't funny.
Your experience may differ, Try it but make sure you try others also.

db

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam X-terminator
from StompSoft http://www.stompsoft.com
"Professional Target" wrote in message
I'm curious what people think of the Squall or Storm from Current Designs.
I'm looking for a new sea kayak which will be used mainly in the Great

Lakes
area as well as on other large local lakes and rivers (Wisconsin, Illinois
mainly). It may occasionally make a trip to the ocean, financese

permitting.

I'm 5'11" 175 pounds, so I'm leaning a bit more towards the Squall, but it
all depends on fit.

--
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
- B. Franklin