Default Paddlers pack the Ohio

We saw you on the river and at the landing fixing what appeared to be a flat
front tire. We were in a tandem kayak. Glad to see you made it home safe and
sound. A group of us were concerned after watching the trailer take its own
path behind the bike. I figure creating a hitch that hooks around the seat
post would work much better. That would only allow for a single pivot point
and not allow the trailer to slide off to the side. I've seen others report
on similar setups here and elsewhere. Great idea, just needs refining.

PaddleFest 2004 was great!!! It was refreshing to see such a HUGE amount of
people all having fun, not pushing and shoving to get in the water, enjoying
each others company on the water and the finish line festival socializing.
It was a perfect day! According to today's paper, there were over 1,200
participants! The organizers deserve a BIG round of applause!

"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message
m...
"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message

http://www.cincinnati.com/freetime/0...addlefest.html

"K" wrote:....and they are starting to pack it in.

Stopped by this afternoon and had a
look around. MANY boats arriving already with MANY MORE, by looking at

the
lists of registrants, to come!

Hey, I was there (and noticeable too... I was the guy with the bike in

his canoe, who rode away towing the canoe with his bike at Cin. Public
Landing)!

I'd better clarify this... I arrived at Four Seasons Marina Friday
afternoon, camped out at the Marina, woke up and set off down the
river with my bike, canoe cart. and crude trailer hitch (a 2x4 with a
hook) in my
canoe, then mounted the canoe on the cart and used my bike to tow the
canoe home (about 4.8 road miles away from the landing) once I made
landfall at Cin. Public Landing.