Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default CCI 'Quiet-22' Ammo...not for me.

I've blown through a small box of 50 rounds of CCI's "quiet-22" ammo and
while it fires properly and is as accurate as it should be, I've
concluded that, as some have reported, it just doesn't have enough of a
powder charge to properly cycle my semi-auto rifle or pistol. It's too
bad, because the stuff usually is inexpensive. I have an almost full
small box left, and I guess I'll give it away.

It'll work fine in a revolver or bolt action rifle, of course, and it is
quieter than the standard charge or hi-velocity .22LR rounds.

So, for the time being, the best rounds for my silencer-equipped
firearms are the CCI Standard Velocity bullets, which have a full powder
charge but are just subsonic. They cycle flawlessly.

Norma makes a round called the Tac-22 which also is slightly subsonic
and is supposed to cycle semi-autos properly. Haven't come across any yet.

I have to say that the full Volquartsen "accurizing kit" was worth the
time and aggravation of the install, and the barrel I sent off to that
company for threading came back with the job beautifully done. Good
company, good customer service, good prices. If I were interested in
competing seriously in rimfire, I'd get one of the complete Volquartsen
pistols.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.