Brian Nystrom

Default OT and contentious: Torture photos from Iraq

Dan Valleskey wrote:

I wouldn't usually bother posting that, but I am afraid many folks
think Bush has a very good chance of being re-elected.

He does, especially since it's becoming clearer that Kerry can't be
trusted to tell the truth about much of anything. He's just another
typical politician.

And I am sorry, Wilko, but Kerry will not pull us out of Iraq
overnight. Far as I can tell, we will be there for a while.

Good. The worst thing we could do is to simply pull out. It's going to
take time to stabilize Iraq and we shouldn't leave until that job is
done. I'll give Kerry credit that he at least seems to understand that.

BTW, why would you apologize to Wilko? His fairy tale ideas about an
immediate pullout and UN control are ridiculous.

I know folks who are ready to move to Canada! I only hope that one
day I can return to Europe for a visit without being ashamed of being
an American.

Why would you be ashamed? Have YOU done anything that you consider wrong
or hurtful to the rest of the world? There's a big difference between
"the government" and "the people", here and everywhere around the world.
There are many things I'm not pleased with about our culture and
government policies, but that doesn't make me ashamed to be an American.