Eric

Default [Q] SOS Signal Lights

(Fiona) wrote in message . com...
(Eric) wrote in message . ..
I was wondering if anyone has come across an SOS Signal Light
appropriate for kayaking and one that meets USCG Regulations regarding
visual distress signals?

I am aware of the ACR Electronics DistressS.O.S light, but this light
seems quite bulky and I would like something easily attachable to my
PFD.

The VIP Signal Light would comes close, but apparently does not meet
USCG regulations regarding visual distress signals.

there are strobe lights made for survival suits.

Please check out the regulations reguarding visual distress signals.

http://seayaks.home.att.net/CoastGuardPage2.htm

For night paddling, you are required to carry either flares or an
electric distress light. A plain strobe light _does not_ qualify.

The only electric distress light that meets USCG regulations is the
one made by ACR Electronics, but as I pointed out, this product
appears quite bulky and not really appropriate for attachment to a
PFD.