F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Ahh, 'Merica...

On 10/26/14 3:52 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/25/2014 9:51 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:55:28 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I like Thanksgiving because it gives American workers a day off with
their families which, in this backwards country, is something for which
to be thankful.

Usually these companies give you an alternate day off when you could
be with your family if you work a holiday or alternately pay you
double time to just work without an alternate selected. You might get
time and a half, even if you do accept an alternate.

You still dodged the question. Why is Thanksgiving any different than
any Sunday, Christmas, Easter or the 4th of july?

BTW if people were so interested in a quiet day at home, they would
not be shopping and the stores would not bother opening.

I really do not care, I would not get in that zoo anyway, but I am
curious why you do. Is this really because you care about guys
sitting around watching football and eating too much or is it just
another way to express your disdain of anyone who owns a business?

He figures that all Thanksgiving shoppers are Republicans.

Once again, for those of you with reading comprehension problems:

--
This Halloween, I’m dressing up as a Republican to answer the doorbell.
I’ll give one rich white kid an entire bag of expensive imported