F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Sad world

On 9/2/14 3:53 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:26:29 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:04:09 -0500, Califbill
wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
ISIL has reportedly beheaded another American journalist.

Says they do not care what the world thinks about them. Makes them even
scarier to a sane person.

===

Yes but it will also make it easier to marshall world opinion against
them. No civilized society goeas around beheading journalists. They
are not exactly an invincible force if everyone stands fast against
them. Somewhere they have a source of funding and supplies. Without
that they could not last long. If nothing else it should be
relatively easy to kill their telecom, media and internet. Where do
they go after that, carrier pigeons?

I like the line from "Alien".

"Nuke them from orbit"

Unfortunately, we didn't learn the lessons of Vietnam and we didn't
learn from the Russian disaster in Afghanistan. These modern-day
terrorists have no real hometown or territory anymore. They might take a
town for a while, and then they'll give it up for another town. If you
bomb the town into the stone age (where it probably is already), you end
up killing lots of non-combatants and you make lots of converts. The
only real way to fight these guys is to have the folks whose towns they
take over fight back. But then you don't know what you are ending up with.