Walt

Default Natural Rivers (or not) - Pine, Upper manistee

stone wrote:

The point of all this is that the wilderness in the lower 48 is gone....long
gone. If you want a "wilderness experience" go to Alaska or get Disney to
make you for you. You can't bring it back....areas logged over three times
ain't wilderness......and will not ever be so again.....

Just because it's not perfect or pristine anymore is no excuse for
letting it go completely to hell. The idea is to preserve what's left.
If you want a river that's so polluted that it catches on fire, go to
Cleveland.

and don't dare to
tell me that because I live in a relatively "undeveloped" area I have to
stop my ecomonic developement so you can wander around in the "woods."

You don't own the river. Nobody owns the river. Stop acting like you
have some sort of claim on it that you don't.

You evidently live in NC....which is a wonderful state with many great
places....but don't stick your nose in our Michigan and tell us how to live
our lives....

Ok, I'll stick my nose in then: We should conserve the rivers as a
public resource. How's that?

--
//-Walt
//