[email protected] runnningonempty@gmail.com is offline

Default Carver boats - a big mistake?

On Saturday, March 18, 2000 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Richard C. Belanger wrote:
Hi:

I have been looking at a new Carver 396. Looks like a nice boat, good
for the family, though not a hard-core offshore design. Everything has
been looking good until I went to http://www.yachtsurvey.com

David Pascoe has a post on Carver's that makes me feel I would be better
off lashing together some logs than getting a Carver. Needless to say I
am more than a little concerned.

He points out major problems in the fabrication of Carver boats - and
essentially says they are unworthy of any consideration.

We have been comparing Carver's to Maxum and SeaRay and have liked the
Carver's better - partly because they seem to be more solidly put
together. Some friends who have newer Carver's and cruise them heavily
have also had good things to say about the seaworthiness of the boat.

I hadn't considered the more hard-core boats like Bertram and Hatteras
since I believed they were completely out of my price range.

Any opinions out there? Would I be making a huge mistake with a
Carver? Should I just keep saving for a better quality boat? My
primary goal is cruising the boat in Massachusetts waters - based out of
Boston.

Thanks,

Rich

I know this post is old but I came across it.So some one else will...DON'T LET THESE GOOFS SCARE YOU OFF FROM PURCHASING A BAYLINER OR CARVER...I WILL POST ONE POINT THAT THESE DUMB ASS BAYLINER BASHERS WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.A BAYLINER MY IS ONE OF THE BEST YACHTS MADE WITH HULSS THICKER THAN YOUR FINGER.AND THEIR MOST POPULAR DESIGN WAS SLOLEN BY HATTARAS AND STILL USED TO THIS DAY FROM THE 4788 PILOTHOUSE...HAVE A NICE DAY AND ENJOY YOUR BAYLINERS AND CARVERS..GREAT BOATS FOR THE USED MARKET MONEY!!!!...NOT ONLY RICH ASS HOLE DEMOCRAPS CAN OWN A BOAT YOU BLUE COLLAR SMART PEOPLE CAN TOO...