posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater

Default I'd Like to Join a GC Trip

I looking for a spot on a Grand Canyon trip.
I have been boating since '73 and have been led more than 500 trips.
Most of that was in my 20s and 30s when I worked as a guide. I have
only flipped boats twice in all of this time and had only a small
number punctures; I've always felt quite solid in my skills.
I've done five trips down the grand canyon and had pretty perfect runs.
Two of the trips I rowed support for kayak trips (with dauntingly heavy
boats).
I have an Avon Pro and a variety of other equipment - though am quite
open to renting more or different stuff.
In the '80s I started a sea kayaking company that is still active in
Marin, Bluewaters, and led trips for many years locally, in Mexico and
Canada.
I am a physician assistant (went to UC Davis Med School) and worked for
a while in an ER. My emergency room skills are rusty but I can still
suture and deal with a variety of emergency situations.
The last 25 years I've worked as a homeopath - a very effective
alternative therapy. I've taught widely both nationally and
internationally and developed a computer program for homeopaths that is
used by thousands of prescribers around the world.
I am a large format, black and white photographer with nature
photographs in the collections of the Oakland Museum, Library of
Congress and a few other places.
I am 54, a vegetarian, don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I am steady and
easy to get on with.
I love being outside and all kinds of creatures. I've led natural
history hikes and worked in wildlife recovery.
I live in Marin, California with my wife, Linda, 3 horses, 3 turkeys, 2
guinea fowl, 2 ducks, a peacock and 10 cats. I have two kids - Josh,
19, who was trained as a river guide and is finding what to do in life
and Amber, 22, who is an acupuncturist.
I hope you'll contact me if you have space.
David
415-662-2457