posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
claudeman1

Default Advice on the dangers of rafting the Futaleufu in Chile

Hi,
I've rafted in Costa Rica twice before - class 2, 3 and an occasional
4. I'm looking at taking a trip in two months for my 50th birthday to
Patagonia Chile, however I am concerned about the dangers of the class
5 and class 5+ rapids. The tour provider says that many beginners do
the trip, and not to worry, and the firm has an excellent reputation
for comfort and safety, but I wanted to get some impartial feedback.
All replies appreciated.

Claude