BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   Inazone 242 foorest (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/26617-inazone-242-foorest.html)

Chris Naylor December 30th 04 09:51 PM

MatSav matthew D O T savage A T felthamscouts D O T org D O T uk
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:08:10 -0000, "Chris Naylor"
wrote:

All is now well in the world of my footrests...
All I need now is a few days when I'm not using my boat and some
contact adhesive now!

Might I suggest velcro strips / pads? It makes for easier "adjustment"
of footrest blocks that use the shim approach.

By that are you suggesting using velcro to stick the foam that I cut to
shape onto the footrest plates? Might just be me being a bit blind here but
I don't see what adjustment I need to make to the blocks once they are stuck
on anyway? Would velcro last as long as the adhesive suff?

--
Chris Naylor
Cut the nonsense to reply

Are you a Klingon, or is that a turtle on your head?

Ewan Scott December 31st 04 11:29 AM

wrote:

All is now well in the world of my footrests...
All I need now is a few days when I'm not using my boat and some
contact adhesive now!

Might I suggest velcro strips / pads? It makes for easier "adjustment"
of footrest blocks that use the shim approach.

By that are you suggesting using velcro to stick the foam that I cut to
shape onto the footrest plates? Might just be me being a bit blind here but
I don't see what adjustment I need to make to the blocks once they are stuck
on anyway? Would velcro last as long as the adhesive suff?

What type of foam have you bought?

You should hopefully have small cell closed cell foam that shouldn't
expand. If you glue in the wrong type of foam and it expands in time,
you could end up distorting your boat.

I don't mean to stick my nose in but I'm just concrened that you don't
make a mess of your boat.

Ewan

Chris Naylor December 31st 04 01:12 PM

wrote:

[...]

Its the same sort of stuff that's allready in the bot at the central
pillar - looks like one complete block of solid foam.

--
Chris Naylor
Cut the nonsense to reply
http://chrisnaylor9123.fotopic.net

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."- George W. Bush

MatSav December 31st 04 09:23 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:12:46 -0000, "Chris Naylor"
wrote:

MatSav wrote:

Might I suggest velcro strips / pads? It makes for easier
"adjustment" of footrest blocks that use the shim approach.

By that are you suggesting using velcro to stick the foam that I
cut to shape onto the footrest plates?

Yes. Hook AND Eye part of Velcro - eyes on the footplate, hooks fixed
to the foam. You may find that at some future date you need to adjust
the footspace, particularly if you want to loan your boat to someone
else - and it's relatively easy to remove foam pads if they're
velcro'd in.

Would velcro last as long as
the adhesive suff?

Probably not :-(

Ewan Scott wrote:

What type of foam have you bought?

You should hopefully have small cell closed cell foam

Its the same sort of stuff that's allready in the bot at the central
pillar - looks like one complete block of solid foam.

Is that for'ard or aft of the cockpit? Modern "thinking" says that
for'ard central pillars are "a bad thing" (TM), as they can be a
hazard causing foot entrapments when pinned :-(

--
MatSav

Allan Bennett January 2nd 05 09:38 PM

In article , MatSav
URL:mailto:[email protected]. wrote:
[snip]
"a bad thing" (TM)

[snip]

I think that's already been done, which is "a good thing".

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of copyright theft