Michael E. Francisco

Default Kern River Festival Pictures...

Please don't take this as spam as I don't expect 99.99% of you to
purchase my photos. However, I think I got a few good ones and would
like to share them. In addition to the Kern River Festival, I also
shot this year's Santa Cruz Kayak Surf Festival. The links are below,
and comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Michael E. Francisco

http://webpages.charter.net/snapshotz/krf04.html

http://webpages.charter.net/snapshotz/scksf04.html
Bill Tuthill

Michael E. Francisco wrote:

http://webpages.charter.net/snapshotz/krf04.html

Green rafts?!? Does everybody have to use the same type raft?
Looks like a small Hyside, but I've never seen it colored green.

What is a citizen's slalom, one closed to professionals?

http://webpages.charter.net/snapshotz/scksf04.html

Any particular pictures you like better than others? There are
many to choose from and most are just kayaks on small waves.

Bill

Bill Tuthill wrote in message ...
Michael E. Francisco wrote:

http://webpages.charter.net/snapshotz/krf04.html

Green rafts?!? Does everybody have to use the same type raft?
Looks like a small Hyside, but I've never seen it colored green.

For that event they were all supplied by Hyside. Made it easy for non
raft owners to jump in on the fun. Can't recall the model but they
were cute little 4 person self bailers.

What is a citizen's slalom, one closed to professionals?

It's for US citizens only... (yuk, yuk). Actualy, I think the term
"citizen's" slalom came from the past when there used to be more
national and junior national level paddlers who came to qualify for
the US national team. We now mix them in with us "citizens". We call
it the TJ Slalom, named after Tom Johnson. Eric Jackson was on hand to
give a slalom clinic as well as to set the fastest time.

Btw, Eric and Rebbeca Giddens who normally do the slalom event were in
Athens for the World Cup - where Rebbeca cinched her spot on the US
Olympic team! Yahooooo!

http://webpages.charter.net/snapshotz/scksf04.html

Any particular pictures you like better than others? There are
many to choose from and most are just kayaks on small waves.

Obviously, for most of those pics, the beauty is in the eyes of the
paddler who's picture was taken. (ggg) The flow was not huge but it
was lots of fun regardless!

--
Bill