WG

Default canoeing

jeesum crow (as they say up north) lighten up y'all (as they say down
south).

"Dan Valleskey" wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:04:12 -0600, "Te Canaille"
wrote:

"John McGuire" wrote in message

om...
Living in LA area and seeking to buy two canoe paddles and two

floatation vests.

Are you referring to Los Angeles or Louisiana ?

I can't imagine anyone in Louisiana calling them "floatation vests".

Gotta be Los Angeles.

-Dan V.

riverman

From: "riverman"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewat er
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:22:26 +0100
Subject: canoeing

"Gene Cosloy" wrote:

Living in LA area and seeking to buy two canoe paddles and two
floatation vests.

Big Snip

OK, lets start over, there, Gene. What type of paddling do you plan on
doing, what kind of boat do you have, where exactly are you, and is this
really meant as some sort of foray into the world of newsgroups, or do

you
really need help in locating a sporting goods store in the sixth-largest
urban area on the planet?

--riverman

Dude,

Gene was not the OP.

Yeah, I noticed that right after I lost internet access.
:-/

--riverman

Dave Van

"riverman" wrote in message

From: "riverman"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle.whitewat er
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:22:26 +0100

"Gene Cosloy" wrote:

Living in LA area and seeking to buy two canoe paddles and two
floatation vests.

Big Snip

OK, lets start over, there, Gene. What type of paddling do you plan on
doing, what kind of boat do you have, where exactly are you, and is

this
really meant as some sort of foray into the world of newsgroups, or do

you
really need help in locating a sporting goods store in the

sixth-largest
urban area on the planet?

--riverman

Dude,

Gene was not the OP.

Yeah, I noticed that right after I lost internet access.
:-/

technology.... who needs it.

Peter H

Dave Van wrote:

technology.... who needs it.

Since technology is "the practical application of knowledge" (check your
Webster's Collegiate) I submit that we all need it.

Pete H

--
Know that a happy dieter has other problems.
E. Bombeck

riverman

"Peter H" wrote in message
Dave Van wrote:

technology.... who needs it.

Since technology is "the practical application of knowledge" (check your
Webster's Collegiate) I submit that we all need it.

And yet another tongue-in-cheek definition of technology is "stuff that
didn't exist when you were a kid", and in that vein...who needs it? :-)

--riverman

Peter H

riverman wrote:

And yet another tongue-in-cheek definition of technology is "stuff that
didn't exist when you were a kid", and in that vein...who needs it? :-)

--riverman

Antibiotics? Stereo recordings? Cmmercially viable (!) television?
Ball-point pens? ABS canoes? "Reliable" weather forcasts? Jet airplane
travel for the masses? Reliable refrigeration for transport of
perishables? Waxless &/or steel-edged skiis? Multi-speed bicycles?
Automobile seat beelts? Reliably uniform (mostly) highway systems?
Quality photography for amateurs?

A little thought could generate many more examples.

Pete H

--
Know that a happy dieter has other problems.
E. Bombeck

Luke Orion

I'm guessing that Wal-Mart will have all that you need.

"John McGuire" wrote in message
om...
Living in LA area and seeking to buy two canoe paddles and two floatation

vests.

Open Canoeing in the Lake District, UK Daddycanoer Touring 1 May 28th 04 08:24 PM
Canoeing Iowa John Ernst Touring 2 May 25th 04 01:40 AM
new to canoeing v-man General 6 April 20th 04 09:43 PM
Canoeing across Canada for beginners, by beginners Abigail and Duncan Thomson General 15 January 8th 04 03:24 AM
Canoeing across Canada for beginners, by beginners Abigail and Duncan Thomson Touring 15 January 8th 04 03:24 AM