BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   Suggestion for contact cement?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/14714-suggestion-contact-cement.html)

sposter September 29th 03 11:01 PM

Suggestion for contact cement??

What is the latest adhesive to use for outfitting a boat with minicell?
I can't find the Perception glue I used to use.
I was told to use 3M 77 spray contact cement, but I want to brush it on.

--
Scott Poster

Ian Edwards September 30th 03 02:11 AM

Suggestion for contact cement??

I have used petroleum [not water based] based contact cement available from
most hard ware stores with good results

John Kuthe September 30th 03 06:48 PM

sposter wrote:

What is the latest adhesive to use for outfitting a boat with minicell?
I can't find the Perception glue I used to use.
I was told to use 3M 77 spray contact cement, but I want to brush it on.

Weldwood RED can or bottle! The super dangerous flammable kind! A lot
cheaper than that Perception junk, and widely available.

--
John Kuthe,
1st rule of Govt: protect people from Govt

rivermonk October 2nd 03 07:01 PM

Suggestion for contact cement??

I have successfully used Casson Composites -- a neoprene-based contact
cement. the only place I know it is available is Rock Creek Down Under
(Chattanooga and Ocoee).