Joe

Default FA: Chaparral 178XL Speedboat (with scrap 200hp V6 engine)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4555082036

Chaparral 178XL Speedboat

Imported at some time from Nasville GA USA

Must be sold to the highest bidder with no reserve set. Abandoned project,
need the space.

Boat length = 5.0 metres

Boat width (not including trailer) = 2.1 metres

Shipping length (outboard to tow hitch) = 6.9 metres

Currently fitted with a Johnson 200 hp V6, which I must stress is sold as
SCRAP. The engine was removed from the outboard casing for repair and will
be still with the boat for sale for the winning bidder to do with what
he/she wishes. Engine suffered from internal rusting.

The boat manufacturers plate states that the U.S coastguard rated the boat
for 7 persons.

Interior panels were all removed for retrimming and this was not done. All
panels are with the boat but covering are scrap.

The forward driver and passenger seats are of the pedestal type. Looks
pretty good and makes the boat look huge when these are in place.

Photographs show where I have been trying to use some antifoul remover on
the bottom half. Someone had painted this so this would have to be manually
stripped off. The hull is sound and there is no transom damage.

The tow hitch being american is of about 52mm so could do with a 50mm bolt
on replacement hitch, can be had from your local caravan dealer for a few
pounds.

The winch has seen better days, again can be very cheaply sourced from eBay.

Trailer is UNBRAKED in design but is pretty sound, bit of rust on one of the
smaller cross members. Nothing an hours work with a welder would not sort
out.

REMEMBER: This is sold as a project and so you WILL have to do some work on
the craft. However, when complete this would make a superb boat.

Please ask any questions and viewing can be arranged. this boat WILL sell to
the highest bidder as I MUST make room for a vehicle I am buying, so get
your bids in early.

Bill the Boater

The auction now has a link to some video footage of the boat offered for
sale.

Bill the Boater