Charles Reaves

Default Oil coolers and intercoolers

I am looking for an inexpensive source of oil and intercoolers for a
pair of ex montego 2l perkins diesel engines. Any suggestions would be
gratefully received

TIA
--
Charles Reaves
Sandy Morton

In article , Charles Reaves
wrote:
I am looking for an inexpensive source of oil and intercoolers for
a pair of ex montego 2l perkins diesel engines. Any suggestions
would be gratefully received

google is your friend and Lancing Marine even more so.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island

Tony Brooks

"BrianR" wrote in message
The Montego 2L Diesel Turbo (Perkin Prima) should have come with an oil
cooler. Try a car breakers.,.

Only if you can be sure both are cooled by water - unless you can fit a
dirty great fan to blow lots of air throyugh them in your engine room.

Most (but not all) cars use air to air intercoolers and their oil coolerrs
are part of, or very closely asociated with the radiator assembly.

Scrapys were my first thought too. You might find an air to water
intercooler at a heavy commercial breakers, but I doubt you will find a oil
to water cooler in any vehicle scrap yard - not sure about the marine srapy
near Portsmouth though.- if its still there

Tony Brooks

"Charles Reaves" wrote in message
I am looking for an inexpensive source of oil and intercoolers for a
pair of ex montego 2l perkins diesel engines. Any suggestions would be
gratefully received

TIA
--
Charles Reaves

BrianR

Tony

I realise it needs to be water cooled or I wouldn't have answered.
The Montego Turbo Diesel has a water cooled Oil Cooler that is separate from
the radiator.
I didn't offer a suggestion for the Intercooler.

Regards,
Brian