GaryG

Default Where to test NW

I have just acquired a Zodiac Futura II 3.8m with a 35HP Evenrude and want
to try it out before getting in too deep hoho.
I am in south Manchester by the airport.
Where's best to drop it on the water for the first time?
No funnies about "just wait for the rain up here"
Thanks!
Garry

Luis Troyano

I tested mine out at Sale Water Park.
Colin is right though. You must have insurance and it s costs £15 for the
hour.
You can only go on between 8 and 9am weekdays and must prebook.
To be honest though it is an excellent first time place to go.
Easy access slipway and calm. Also if you land lucky you will be the only
one on, and they have no speed restrictions for that time of the day.
I would strongly recommend it for a first time before hitting the sea, and
run your engine for the entire hour as it will check the reliability.
I also recommend getting a full service and inspection before using for the
first time.
I went to Shipshape Marine on the A6, Hazel Grove, Stockport and got
excellent service at good rates.

Any other questions, just ask

Luis

neon test light question. mike General 2 March 31st 04 02:41 AM
Test test Lou General 0 October 31st 03 06:29 AM
Depthsounder and Transducer test equipment Rusty Burke Electronics 0 October 29th 03 02:42 AM
Dry compression test Ok -wet not so good. Rebuild??? CaptMP General 20 September 23rd 03 12:41 PM
outboard test tank Mike UK Power Boats 3 July 31st 03 01:31 PM