posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
Wilf Williams

Default Loire

Hi all,

I am planning to do a trip for a week on the Loire between Nevers and
wherever I get to in a week. I'll be wild camping as and when, and
taking it easy. Just me and my son (6.5) in our Pouch.

Two questions,

A: Has anyone here done this trip, if you have would you share
experiences
B: Anyone fancy coming along ?

See http://www.l-o-i-r-e.com for some ideas of what to expect.

Wilf

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Al D

On 27 Jun 2006 08:14:38 -0700, "Wilf Williams"
wrote:

A: Has anyone here done this trip, if you have would you share
experiences

I've done the rounds of the chateaux. Cool stuff if you like baroque
flamboyance and such. Have never been on the river, except in an
inflatable canoe when I was about 10! I dived overboard when menaced
by what looked like killer bees with pincers on their tail end. I
couldn't swim - until that moment. It's surprising how quickly you can
learn when the other choice is to drown!

Al D

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
John Fereira

"Wilf Williams" wrote in
ups.com:

Hi all,

I am planning to do a trip for a week on the Loire between Nevers and
wherever I get to in a week. I'll be wild camping as and when, and
taking it easy. Just me and my son (6.5) in our Pouch.

Two questions,

A: Has anyone here done this trip, if you have would you share
experiences

Audrey Sutherland gave a presentation at a sea kayaking symposium in Maine
about seven years ago and mentioned doing long trip down the Loire. It
sounded wonderful.