Muzz

Default First Bit Of Sea

I passed on the Nordkapp and just got myself the more stable and plastic
Perception Contour. Tried to go out in it yesterday in high winds and ended
up beached twice but not tipped. Less wind today so was out for a couple of
hours. Great going into the wind and waves but a little tricky steering with
the wind following.
Got a day on the river tomorrow ( club kayak ) which includes my 2 star
assessment.
Quite good fun this Kayaking thing eh ?

--
Muzz
send mail to

Peter Clinch

Muzz wrote:

hours. Great going into the wind and waves but a little tricky steering with
the wind following.

Following seas are harder for keeping course. Work much better
with a skeg or rudder down if you have one. If the boat hasn't got
either but will take one or the other, well worth considering.

If you don't have one you'll have to paddle a bit one-sided or lean
the boat, but the latter gets a bit "character building" on bigger
swell and isn't necessarily recommended!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Muzz

Peter Clinch wrote:
Muzz wrote:

Following seas are harder for keeping course. Work much
better with a skeg or rudder down if you have one.

Aye the boat will take a rudder, maybe santa will bring me one. I now have
my two star after a nice day on the river Ness. Quite a few swimmers
although I somehow managed to stay upright all day.

--
Muzz
send mail to

Peter Clinch

Muzz wrote:

Aye the boat will take a rudder, maybe santa will bring me one. I now have
my two star after a nice day on the river Ness.

Good work. You probably deserve a present for that, say, a rudder! ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/
Muzz

Peter Clinch wrote:
Good work. You probably deserve a present for that, say,
a rudder! ;-)

After Friday's attack on the credit card I would be pushing my luck. She
would only retaliate with a shopping spree of her own :-)

--
Muzz
send mail to