Richy

Default Lake Vyrnwy

Hi I'm going down to Wales on a family camping trip in a couple of weeks
near Lake Vyrnwy and was thinking of taking my canoe(only had it few
days!!!). Just wondered if anybody who reads this group knows if you are
allowed to paddle on Lake Vyrnwy. If so what are the best places to access
the lake.
Thanks
Richy

Jasmine Waters

Hi Richy,
Haven't ever paddled the lake but have paddled the river Vrynwy.
However, someone who will know the deal is Dave Procter. He's the font
of all knowledge of that area & in my experience is very happy to give
local info. If I remember correctly his number is in Sladden's book
'The Welsh Rivers' if you have it / can get hold of a copy.
Enjoy your paddle!
Jasmine

Richy wrote:

Hi I'm going down to Wales on a family camping trip in a couple of weeks
near Lake Vyrnwy and was thinking of taking my canoe(only had it few
days!!!). Just wondered if anybody who reads this group knows if you are
allowed to paddle on Lake Vyrnwy. If so what are the best places to access
the lake.
Thanks
Richy

Richy

Jasmine

Thanks for this, I did a search on Lake Vyrnwy and found there is boat hire
there, so I think I'm save to assume I can paddle there.

Thanks

Richy.

Richy wrote:

Hi I'm going down to Wales on a family camping trip in a couple of weeks
near Lake Vyrnwy and was thinking of taking my canoe(only had it few
days!!!). Just wondered if anybody who reads this group knows if you are
allowed to paddle on Lake Vyrnwy. If so what are the best places to

access
the lake.
Thanks
Richy

Jasmine Waters

Just found details when looking for something else ..... check out
www.canoewales.com & look at the lakes section - you can paddle there &
Dave proctors number is listed as a contact.
Hope that helps
Jasmine