Dave

Default Made to measure drysuites?

Hi

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get made to measure drysuites suitable
for kayaking and sailing?

I used to know a place in south Wales but cant remember the exact
location....

Thanks
Dave

Nick

Try DAM Watersports. They make a range of paddling gear, cags,
trousers and full suits in breathable & non-breathable. I got a dry
cag last year, twin-seal waist, neck and wrists for about £100, made
to measure and its definitely the driest, most robust cag I've owned
(have tried Nookie & Palm Extreme cags before).

7 Brampton Close
Bedford
MK42 0HD
Phone 01234 267314
FAX 08701 360701
e-mail

Nick
Nidge

Yeah, wot Nick sed.

Seriously.

Andi (DAM watersports)'s kit is good quality and, bluntly, its cheap to
buy. Probably because he's one of the many 'semi-commercial' operators and
doesn't have to be so massively 'profit driven.

He's more into Sailing than Kayaking (tho he does both).

For bespoke kit I'd trust his judgement highly on sailing and his existing
designs (developed with kayakers) for kayaking ... tho he's pretty savvy
about paddling needs and what works/ what doesn't.

Nidge

Nick wrote in message
om...
Try DAM Watersports. They make a range of paddling gear, cags,
trousers and full suits in breathable & non-breathable. I got a dry
cag last year, twin-seal waist, neck and wrists for about £100, made
to measure and its definitely the driest, most robust cag I've owned
(have tried Nookie & Palm Extreme cags before).

7 Brampton Close
Bedford
MK42 0HD
Phone 01234 267314
FAX 08701 360701
e-mail

Nick

User21

Try posting this is uk.rec.scuba - some drysuit manufacturers make dry
suits for diving as well and maybe the otherway round..

Plus diving wet suits have a neat little waterproof zip so you can pee
without taking it off (if you are male and have the normal
arrangements!) - great idea for sailing.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:55:49 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

Hi

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get made to measure drysuites suitable
for kayaking and sailing?

I used to know a place in south Wales but cant remember the exact
location....

Thanks
Dave

Carl_M

User21 wrote in message . ..
Try posting this is uk.rec.scuba - some drysuit manufacturers make dry
suits for diving as well and maybe the otherway round..

Plus diving wet suits have a neat little waterproof zip so you can pee
without taking it off (if you are male and have the normal
arrangements!) - great idea for sailing.

I wouldn't recommend a diving drysuit, they are over engineered for
sailing. Surface watersports drysuits are more flexible and don't
have valves to get in the way. If you have a diving drysuit you can
use it for sailing but if you are buying get a surface watersports
suit.

You can get surface drysuits with a relief zip. www.Ravenspring.co.uk
have a zip as an optional extra and will custom fit at no extra charge
if you are not a standard size.

I would also recommend getting a breathable suit, a non breathable
gets clammy very quickly. They cost a little more but in my opinion
they are worth it.