BoatBanter.com

-   UK Paddle (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/)
-   -   Made to measure drysuites? (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/14975-made-measure-drysuites.html)

Dave October 21st 03 07:55 AM

Made to measure drysuites?

Hi

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get made to measure drysuites suitable
for kayaking and sailing?

I used to know a place in south Wales but cant remember the exact
location....

Thanks
Dave

Kerry Ryan October 21st 03 08:54 AM

Made to measure drysuites?

Try http://www.rubberman.co.uk/ not sure how expensive they are when making
one from scratch - but I got a good price when I needed mine fixing.

K.

simon nomail October 21st 03 12:10 PM

Made to measure drysuites?

Try...

http://www.hammond-drysuits.co.uk/html/index.html

simon

Nick October 21st 03 02:39 PM

Made to measure drysuites?

Try DAM Watersports. They make a range of paddling gear, cags,
trousers and full suits in breathable & non-breathable. I got a dry
cag last year, twin-seal waist, neck and wrists for about £100, made
to measure and its definitely the driest, most robust cag I've owned
(have tried Nookie & Palm Extreme cags before).

7 Brampton Close
Bedford
MK42 0HD
Phone 01234 267314
FAX 08701 360701
e-mail

Nick

User21 October 21st 03 03:38 PM

Made to measure drysuites?

Try posting this is uk.rec.scuba - some drysuit manufacturers make dry
suits for diving as well and maybe the otherway round..

Plus diving wet suits have a neat little waterproof zip so you can pee
without taking it off (if you are male and have the normal
arrangements!) - great idea for sailing.

Carl_M October 21st 03 07:34 PM

Made to measure drysuites?

User21 wrote in message . ..
Try posting this is uk.rec.scuba - some drysuit manufacturers make dry
suits for diving as well and maybe the otherway round..

Plus diving wet suits have a neat little waterproof zip so you can pee
without taking it off (if you are male and have the normal
arrangements!) - great idea for sailing.

I wouldn't recommend a diving drysuit, they are over engineered for
sailing. Surface watersports drysuits are more flexible and don't
have valves to get in the way. If you have a diving drysuit you can
use it for sailing but if you are buying get a surface watersports
suit.

You can get surface drysuits with a relief zip. www.Ravenspring.co.uk
have a zip as an optional extra and will custom fit at no extra charge
if you are not a standard size.

I would also recommend getting a breathable suit, a non breathable
gets clammy very quickly. They cost a little more but in my opinion
they are worth it.

fraggy October 21st 03 09:13 PM

Made to measure drysuites?

hiya
Crusader make cheap suits they have a website and they are very friendly
and helpful.

fragged

Carol Haynes October 25th 03 01:03 AM

Made to measure drysuites?

Kogg make excellent bombproof drysuits to measure (ideal for sailing if you
are clumsy like me and keep bashing yourself on cleats etc) - but they
aren't particularly cheap.

Carol Haynes