Dave Manby

Default Ron Rymer

To those of you old enough to have met Ron, it is with sadness that I
post this. Ron died at the weekend - his funeral was on Monday - after a
long illness.
--
Dave Manby
Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at

Nidge

Dave Manby wrote in message
To those of you old enough to have met Ron, it is with sadness that I
post this. Ron died at the weekend - his funeral was on Monday - after a
long illness.

Not so sure you have to be all that old....... Hell the guy was taking kids
down the fish ladders at the Locks on the Little Ouse 8 years back when I
last saw him ~ and he must've been well into his late 70s at least by then.

A real nice old boy - and a deeply iconoclastic sod with it. He'll be
genuinely missed by those who knew him and weren't fans of too much
bull****.

Nidge

John Allan

I was sorry to see here about Ron in your posting.

Ron was heavily involved for many years with Leeds Polytechnic Canoe Club,
and I was privileged to have known him during my time there during the 80's.
I will never forget how he livened up the Canoe Club sessions - Forget
health and Safety, lets have fun!!!

On a trip driving from Leeds to the East coast, (probably Bridlington), via
York and I will always remember being directed the whole way with nothing
but Pub names or breweries, such was his enthusiam for Real ale!

Penny and My thoughts are with his Family, and hopefully he'll still be with
us in spirit, when we next paddle.

John Allan