steve

Default new to paddling

Hi everyone

Just wondered if you could spare a moment of ur time. I'm new to this
newsgroup and to paddling...i know only what i have read in mags...but
am eager to get started, i don't have a kayak of my own and am
interested in joining a club in my area i live in wigan in greater
manchester and wondered if anyone knew of any clubs near me and also
do clubs sometimes rent out their own canoes? As i say i know very
little about this subject an am eager to learn as much as poss, so any
help or advice from you experts out there would be greatly
appreciated. Please feel free to use my mail addy...thanks
Jim Wallis

You'll find a list of clubs somewhere on the BCU website:

http://www.bcu.org.uk/

Almost all clubs have kit for loan or hire, and I think there are plenty
to choose from in your area. Joining a club is by far the best way to
learn to paddle - most will let you come along for a few weeks before
you join so you might be able to check out a few in your area before
joining one - all operate slightly differently and do different types of
paddling.

jim

steve wrote:

Hi everyone

Just wondered if you could spare a moment of ur time. I'm new to this
newsgroup and to paddling...i know only what i have read in mags...but
am eager to get started, i don't have a kayak of my own and am
interested in joining a club in my area i live in wigan in greater
manchester and wondered if anyone knew of any clubs near me and also
do clubs sometimes rent out their own canoes? As i say i know very
little about this subject an am eager to learn as much as poss, so any
help or advice from you experts out there would be greatly
appreciated. Please feel free to use my mail addy...thanks

Chris Foster

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:19:52 +0100, Jim Wallis
wrote:

You'll find a list of clubs somewhere on the BCU website:

http://www.bcu.org.uk/

Almost all clubs have kit for loan or hire, and I think there are plenty
to choose from in your area. Joining a club is by far the best way to
learn to paddle - most will let you come along for a few weeks before
you join so you might be able to check out a few in your area before
joining one - all operate slightly differently and do different types of
paddling.

jim

Hi Jim

Had a few days paddling up and down Loch Nevis last week piccis should
be on the web next week sometime, when I give them to Nige.

Must catch up sometime

EL Pres
Jim Wallis

Hi El Pres!

Last time I was on Loch Nevis we spent a week there, and had every type
of weather including snow and force 6's! Ask Keith about surfing the
powerboat into Mallaig harbour!!!!

It's a great place, nice and wild!

JIM

wrote:

You'll find a list of clubs somewhere on the BCU website:

http://www.bcu.org.uk/

Almost all clubs have kit for loan or hire, and I think there are plenty
to choose from in your area. Joining a club is by far the best way to
learn to paddle - most will let you come along for a few weeks before
you join so you might be able to check out a few in your area before
joining one - all operate slightly differently and do different types of
paddling.

jim

Hi Jim

Had a few days paddling up and down Loch Nevis last week piccis should
be on the web next week sometime, when I give them to Nige.

Must catch up sometime

EL Pres

Frank D

Wigan canoe club seems to be the obvioe choice . Phoen ne on 01925
767972 for details

Frank