posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

Default A PFD for a Big Fella

A colleague is 6' 3" and weights 290 pounds. He claims there are no PFDs
that will fit him. Is that true? Somehow I doubt it. If ture, what are
alternatives?

"Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high ..." -- G. Gershwin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

W. Watson wrote:
A colleague is 6' 3" and weights 290 pounds. He claims there are no PFDs
that will fit him. Is that true? Somehow I doubt it. If ture, what are
alternatives?

I find that a little hard to believe since most retailers stock up on
the ultra large sizes. I have trouble finding a medium. Also he could
get a CO2 fired type available at Bass Pro Shop.
The CO2 types are also a lot cooler to wear in hot weather.

posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

Boating beta for big boys:
http://www.kayakplace.com/bigguy/bigpfd.htm

Steve