posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Gene Cosloy

Default Thigh Hooks

I have a Necky Chatham. Does anyone have any experience or advise on
substituting the more aggressive whitewater hooks for the stock?
Gene

posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Steve Cramer

Gene Cosloy wrote:
I have a Necky Chatham. Does anyone have any experience or advise on
substituting the more aggressive whitewater hooks for the stock?

Not for a Chatham, but I've put Pirouette and Response thigh hooks in
various plastic sea kayaks. Worst thing is the potential of having to
drill a hole in your deck. Measure twice, measure again, then drill.

I had to add foam hooks to my Epic, as the originals just didn't, um,
hook well enough.

--
Steve Cramer
Athens, GA