pjbphd

Default Where to kayak on Lake Powell

Some friends and I were planning on an unsupported kayak trip on Lake
Powell. For reasons unrelated to this post we ended up having to rent a
houseboat that we'll use as a base from which to do day long kayak trips.
We'll get the houseboat at Wahweap (Page) and motor uplake. We put in on a
Sunday, and need to be back at Wahweap the following Friday.

I'd like to run the houseboat uplake and work back down toward the marina
during the week. We'll moor at the mouths of interesting arms and kayak
into them. I have no idea how long it takes to motor one of these beasts
uplake.

Does anyone have a suggested itinerary or recommendations for don't miss
canyons to kayak? The water level is down considerably from past years and
I've heard there are some very interesting places that can only be accessed
by kayak.

Thanks in advance

pjb

--
Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email me
directly please send messages to pjbphd at cox dot net