Marek \Wayfarer\

Default a new method to make hole in your kayak

I've posted a couple of entries to my weblog from paddling local rivers
in northern Colorado, the Poudre and Big Thomson, after returning from
Texas Water Safari.

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/

During my second paddling on Big T, I noticed with a surprise that my
Sisson Nucleus kayak was taking water! And I didn't hit any rocks or
logs ...

Marek
http://www.MarekUliasz.com
Rick Donnelly

Marek,

My feet supronate badly (over 45 degrees) and when paddling the ankle bones
are pressed against the hull. Since this is fairly uncomfortable after long
paddles, I placed a thin sheet of insulating foam (the kind that go under
your sleeping bag) beneath my ankles. When it wears out, I just replace the
foam (it is pretty clear to me when this happens - painful reminders are
very effective). That I was protecting the hull in this way wasn't something
I considered, but whatever works.

If you don't have my anatomical quirks, you might choose a material that is
a bit tougher.

Rick