vp

Default Trip Database?

Hi there. Is there a website with a top notch trip database out there? I
see several regional sites, but we've flown to the East coast of Canada, and
we're in Toronto, so it kind of breaks the invite to travel farther.

If there aren't any, I will consider designing one.

Cheers

Darryl Johnson

vp wrote in :

Hi there. Is there a website with a top notch trip database out
there? I see several regional sites, but we've flown to the East
coast of Canada, and we're in Toronto, so it kind of breaks the
invite to travel farther.

If there aren't any, I will consider designing one.

Cheers

Mostly canoeing, but check he http://www.myccr.com/Routes.htm

The site owner, Richard, would probably welcome any help in
maintaining/improving the trip database if you were interested.

HTH,
--
Darryl
Michael Daly

On 24-May-2005, vp wrote:

Hi there. Is there a website with a top notch trip database out there? I
see several regional sites, but we've flown to the East coast of Canada, and
we're in Toronto, so it kind of breaks the invite to travel farther.

The Great Lakes Sea Kayaking Association (GLSKA) http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4657/
has been working to do this for a while, but it's been stalled. We are picking it up
again soon - too early for details to be released. Our objective is to list
destinations within easy reach of our members (all of southern Ontario, plus others).

If you look at the Canadian page of Kayak Wiki http://www.kayakforum.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/guille/wiki.pl?Canada
you'll see links to the GLSKA sites and some early prototypes of destinations on my web site.

Rather than building your own, it would be better to add to the Kayak Wiki
paddling destinations and/or GLSKA's future web listings. If you're
interested, let me know and I'll e-mail you with details when they are
available.

Mike

For easern Canada ( NS. NB. PEI. and Newfoundland ) There are a couple
of sites. You might check out Atlantic Kayak Association out of New
Brunswick or www.kayakers.nf.ca in Newfoundland. The Newfoundland web
site has some great trip reports and some superb photos. The AKA site
has some nice stuff too.
If your discription of Eastern Canada includes Ontario and Quebec the
Barry Canoe Club likely has a good site, I know they have some great
paddlers.
Hope this helps.
Alex