BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Scots, kilts and Farmer Johns - what to wear? (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/28893-scots-kilts-farmer-johns-what-wear.html)

Michael Daly March 11th 05 07:07 PM

On 11-Mar-2005, "Fiona Stirling" wrote:

thought i could show them. when that cold water hit my head and neck i
panicked and did a fast wet exit.

I was once supposed to demonstrate a wet exit. When I hit the cold
water, I instinctively rolled.

Mike

Fiona Stirling March 15th 05 04:30 AM

the last line i said dry suit. i ment a tiny wet suit about 1.5mm .
re. an instant roll. i bloody near took a breath under water. it is
called cold shock and it got me.
you know ,,, i would have rolled up but my paddle was set up so it
would have to be a full roll. i was simply shocked out of my boat.
you know it got much worse when i got out of the boat and my .... well
when i got wet all over it was bad.
they had me back in the boat in likely under 30 seconds. it was very
fast, felt like forever but it was fast.
i have not failed a roll since.