debbie forbes

Default Boat Sale

I have a boat that I want to sell.

1 - Perception Eclipse with rudder,comes with Werner-
Little Dipper paddle, 2 skirts (1 sea crossing,
1 flat water),deck bag,compass, paddle float,
spare paddle, 2 dry bags, bilge pump Almost new
condition. Everything garage kept. $ 900.00

If you have any questions, you can contact me at:

Jim Forbes
Ph: 678-526-0777
Fax: 678-526-9030
Toll Free: 800-833-2912
Cell: 770-329-8057

riverman

"debbie forbes" wrote in message
I have a boat that I want to sell.

1 - Perception Eclipse with rudder,comes with Werner-
Little Dipper paddle, 2 skirts (1 sea crossing,
1 flat water),deck bag,compass, paddle float,
spare paddle, 2 dry bags, bilge pump Almost new
condition. Everything garage kept. $ 900.00

If you have any questions, you can contact me at:

Jim Forbes
Ph: 678-526-0777
Fax: 678-526-9030
Toll Free: 800-833-2912
Cell: 770-329-8057

\

You ought to tell us where you are.

--riverman

riverman

"Melissa" wrote in message

Hi riverman,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:26:34 +0100, you wrote:

You ought to tell us where you are.

"678" area code would suggest:

Georgia (Atlanta, Gainesville, Griffin and north central Georgia,
overlays 404 and and 470 and 770)Eastern Time Zone

- --
Melissa

It might suggest that to you. For those of us not in the US, '678' is the
country code for Vanuatu. Its also the city code for Mazatlan, and a
regional phone code for Haiti.

If you want to sell something, its basic protocol to make it easy on
potential buyers by letting them know where you are without them having to
do a google search on telephone area codes.

Good luck.

--riverman

riverman

"Melissa" wrote in message

Hi riverman,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:56:27 +0100, you wrote:

It might suggest that to you. For those of us not in the US, '678'
is the country code for Vanuatu. ...

I hope I didn't offend you, as I was just trying to be helpful.

And likewise. It was after I sent my reply that I realized that you weren't
the OP. Whoops.

While I agree that it might have been nice if she had made her
specific location clearer, I should think you've been around this
news group long enough to *safely assume* that in spite of the
international nature of this news group, Debbie's post offered some
pretty decent hints as to her general location (including both area
code and email address domain), and Vanuatu, Mazatlan, or Haiti would
probably not be near the top of anyone's guess list...even if they
were residents of Vanuatu, Mazatlan, or Haiti. :-)

Knowing my luck, having said all that, I fully expect her to tell us
that she is in fact in Vanuatu, Mazatlan, or Haiti! ;-)

Well, I seriously doubt that :-) , but it still stands that, if someone
wants to sell something, especially something that probably won't be sent in
the mail, providing a location is a good idea. And I suspect that she (or
he, depending on whether or not you are looking at the reply-to addy or the
name provided) actually was suffering from momentary regiocentrism and
forgot to provide city information. Hopefully, other sellers reading this
thread will be reminded that not everyone on rbp or rbpt will take the time
to google their phone number to find out where they are.

--riverman
(phone code 243 g)

Steve Cramer

riverman wrote:
"debbie forbes" wrote

I have a boat that I want to sell.

snip

If you have any questions, you can contact me at:

Jim Forbes
Ph: 678-526-0777
Fax: 678-526-9030
Toll Free: 800-833-2912
Cell: 770-329-8057

You ought to tell us where you are.

You mean everyone doesn't recognize the area codes for Metro Atlanta?

--
Steve Cramer
Athens, GA

Jim Forbes

Thank you Melissa for coming to my aid. I think that riverman has way to
much time on his hands.I am the guy that did the post from my wifes account.
I am the self centered ass that assumed everyone would know that it was the
Atlanta area that has now started this stupid thread. For those that might
be interested in buying it, I am in Atlanta, Ga. USA. For the rest of you,
go find something to do.

Thanks,

Jim Forbes
Ph: 678-526-0777
Fax: 678-526-9030

riverman

"Jim Forbes" wrote in message

For those that might
be interested in buying it, I am in Atlanta, Ga. USA.

There, that wasn't so hard, was it? Another hint to help you sell your
boat: Make the Subject line say something like; "Sea Kayak FS: Atlanta
area." While this second hint is not really essential, it sure would
increase the number of folks who open the link and look at your ad.
Especially folks in your area code.

Again, good luck with selling your boat.

--riverman

Jack Mulligan

In article ,
"riverman" wrote:

[...]

OK, riverman. I'll bite and expose myself to ridicule. 243? Zaire? I
don't think so. Just remember, I usually dote on your posts. ;-)
riverman

"Jack Mulligan" wrote in message
--riverman
(phone code 243 g)

OK, riverman. I'll bite and expose myself to ridicule. 243? Zaire? I
don't think so. Just remember, I usually dote on your posts. ;-)

Don't be so insecure, Jack. No ones gonna flame you :-)

Yep, Zaire. Except its called the Democratic Republic of Congo these days.

--riverman

Jack Mulligan

The Congo? I'd pictured you more as a well traveled Canadian. Well, as you
pointed out this group is truly global. I'll attempt to be more secure in
my participation in the future. My wife and I are relatively new to the
paddling world. But in the past 18 months we've gone from 0 to 3 boats
(canoe and 2 sea kayaks). I'm immersing myself in Derek Hutchinson's
"Complete Book of...", and lurking in places like rbp and rbpt hoping to
glean more information from those of you with greater knowledge and
experience. I am thankful to you and others in these groups who don't
hesitate to help us newbies from time to time.

-JM