Dan OConnell

Default wanna do a good thing?

I hate to say it ....but maybe you should sell your Kayak
wrote in message
Hello, my name is Alena Simons.

I'm a girl of 19 and I live in Russia. Two years ago my parents divorced

and now I live only with my mother
and little sister.
My mother works hard to make both ends meet, she has to take odd jobs at

the moment since she is currently laid off
from the major one. Besides, she has no specialty, so the wages are always

low and much eaten up by regular bills.
It was hard to get a loan for my college and I guess it'll be even harder

to pay the debt.
We are thinking of moving to a cheaper appartments since it's impossible

to pay for this anymore.
Our total debt reaches $17,058. All we need is that you send us a few

dollars to keep us alive.
I'm afraid for the future of my sister. She's only 11, but understands

what situation we are in.
Please, please, help us. Even if you have only some extra cents on your

account, please, do not hesitate to help us.
We'll be glad to any your help. Thank you for your time.

Our accounts:

E-gold: 1127463 (www.e-gold.com)
EVOCASH: 142772 (www.evocash.com)

John J Ernst

I read this, I noticed that the website and the e-mail address don't add up.
The e-mail is a .com while the web site is a .ru. I thought that all e-mail
sites is Russia ended with .ru.
While I was reading this I couldn't help to think "Gee, where is the line
about where she will send pictures of her and her 11 y/o sister doing god
knows what. I guess I got a surprise on this one. She was talking about her
mother working, don't 19 y/o girls work in Russia?

John

ink.net...
wrote in message
[...]

riverman

"John J Ernst" wrote in message
I read this, I noticed that the website and the e-mail address don't add

up.
The e-mail is a .com while the web site is a .ru. I thought that all

e-mail
sites is Russia ended with .ru.
While I was reading this I couldn't help to think "Gee, where is the line
about where she will send pictures of her and her 11 y/o sister doing god
knows what. I guess I got a surprise on this one. She was talking about

her
mother working, don't 19 y/o girls work in Russia?

John

This is a pretty well-known scam in the former soviet states, and probably
elsewhere. When I was in Latvia, there was a news report about someone who
did this and received about $50K in donations. Right after that, a whole
slew of them started appearing. The poster might very well be a Russian, but
I'd bet my last ruble that they are not a girl, are not 19, do not need the
money, and are not going to college.

--riverman

O.T. Some Good Points RGrew176 General 1 January 10th 04 08:04 AM
O.T. The good old days RGrew176 General 12 November 27th 03 06:25 PM
Just How Safe Do You Feel? Doug Kanter General 34 July 13th 03 06:14 PM