Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Greg_at_Seneca

Default Hobie Outback

I recently purchased a hobie outback kayak with the pedal drive. I'm
pretty much happy with it, but was suprised at the level of water
coming up around the drive. Its supposed to be rated for 350 lbs, I
weigh 220, and although my butts not gotten wet yet, the waters high
enough that I worry if I rock the boat or accelerate fast that the
water will run back over the hump in front of the seat. Has anyone
else noticed this on their? Is this normal and I'm just being
paranoid? Or do you think there's something wrong with my particular
kayak? I was riding low enough that I pulled it out and check to see
if water was leaking in (inside the rotomolded section, but it was
bone dry). Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.