sposter

Default Perception's Avatar 16

Looking for experience or reviews for Perception's Avatar 16.
I'm considering purchasing one for easy on/off car rack and short paddles
with my kids.
I am an experienced paddler looking for an easy care option in lieu of my 19
foot glass boat.

If anyone knows of good pricing on one, please pass it on.

Conrad Shiba

"sposter" wrote in message
Looking for experience or reviews for Perception's Avatar 16.
I'm considering purchasing one for easy on/off car rack and short paddles
with my kids.
I am an experienced paddler looking for an easy care option in lieu of my

19
foot glass boat.

If anyone knows of good pricing on one, please pass it on.

I test paddled one at a demo day last summer and thought it was very nice.
It handled quite nicely and the skeg was helpful in a strong wind. For
reference, I have been paddling for 4-1/2 years and currently have a
Wilderness Systems Cape Horn 15. I thought the Avatar was a bit more lively
than my boat.

Conrad

sposter

I have now borrowed an Avatar.
It has more rocker than expected and needs every bit of the skeg.
It also doesn't feel as stiff as I would like.
I do like the outfitting and the speed for a 16 foot plastic boat.
Thanks for the reply, Scott.

Perception's Avatar 16 sposter General 1 January 15th 04 10:03 PM
Anyone know something about the Perception Avatar? wondering Touring 5 July 31st 03 12:44 PM