John

Default compact car?

John wrote in message

This year I travelled the Spanish, and that was great. What section of

the
French did you run, and what was it like? I thought the French river

pretty
much followed the road and wouldn't too interesting to travel, but I

never
really looked into it.

Alan

We were on the Upper French at the mouth of Bobs Bay. Fla****er only.

Left
the car on the Dokis Indian reserve. We have on other occasiaion gone
camping and some day trip from Wolsely Bay to Blue Chute and return. Have
also been kayaing in the gorge.

Some of the French is pretty remote. You might get a map of the park and
see.

John

Did I mention that the French River is one of the most beautiful places

in the world?No Kidding! There are pockets of civilization at the reserve,
Wolesley bay and then where it crosses HWY 69 and then at Hartley bay. Then
into the Delta and its various outlets to Georgian Bay which I have not
seen yet but thats what next year is for. Lots of history, losts of White
water of varying difficulty if that floats yer boat. I suppose it woud.
Float yer boat, I mean.

Wm Donley

Default compact car, carrying 2 boats!

Hi all. You know, my favorite hauler was a 914 VW/Porsche. Roof was
not much more then waist high. Easy to load, mid-engined, so you had
front and rear trunks for stuff. Bringing two newly bought kayaks home
from Monterey one night, got stopped doing 85 mph. cop kept looking ,
going "I don't know if I'd do that with them on the roof", I kept
trying to explain they were only about 65 lbs apiece, and *very
aerodynamic. He let me off! Bill D
PS- Just make sure the racks are secure. I had a fiberglass roof, they
were bolted thru the roof itself.........