TWall10618

Default Lower Colorado River car ferrying

I like to travel with one boat only. Comapny is nice, but still with one boat.
This usually means one car also.

So here is my question. If I travel down the Colorado River (say, Laughlin to
Havasu), how do I get back to my car? I know I can hitch hike, but I sometimes
travel with my wife and I'd rather not go that route. Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks,
Tom.
Tucson
Richard Ferguson

One solution that I have used for car shuttles is to rent a car for the
shuttle. Lake Havasu is a large enough city that it should have a
rental car place. You should be able to take out at a marina or
somewhere, call the rental car agency or a taxi to pick you up, get the
rental car, and then go pick up your car from the start point, and then
drive both cars back to the rental agency. One day of car rental should
be affordable. As long as you have two drivers, this will work very
well. You could carry some kind of padding with you, and then strap the
boat to the rental car roof, if desired.

Richard