akasharkbow

Default Greenland Style Paddle

Hello all. I recently bought a Turtle Paddleworks Greenland paddle. Love it
and having a great time paddling with it. A little background before my
question. I was paddling a fiberglass 2 piece Werner paddle that was also
good.

After paddling the Greenland paddle, I am wondering what the advantages are
going back to the 2 piece? I have weak wrists so the non-feather is a lot
easier on them for sure.

I know that one major advantage would be to go to a crank shaft blade to
make it easier on my wrists.

Cheers,

David
Eric Johnson

I find that I can do just about anything with my greenland paddle that can
be doen with the euro blade. I don't find the speed to be an issue either.
I agree that the big advantage of a TAP is storage and transport. An 8' one
peiece can be a bit tricky to get around There are several comapnies that
make TAP greenland paddles. Cricket Designs and Feather Craft both sell
them. I have a Cricket one-piece and a buddy of mine has the TAP and they
are both excellent.
If you do go with the Euro I'd agree that light is more important than
cranked, but cranked and unfeathered is easier on the wrists. Not as easy as
the greenland blade though