zak

Default Got a Looksha

Thanks again to everyone for their advice. I purchased a beautiful new
red Necky Looksha IV Saturday. Now I just have to figure out when I'm
going to get time to paddle.
Thanks again!
minicooper

"zak" wrote in message
om...
Thanks again to everyone for their advice. I purchased a beautiful new
red Necky Looksha IV Saturday. Now I just have to figure out when I'm
going to get time to paddle.
Thanks again!

i have a lovely turquoise lookshow LV sport ... if you live in central
california on the coast, we could paddle in morro bay together.

Wm Donley

Default Was: Looksha, now Morro Bay paddlers

In article , minicooper
wrote:
i have a lovely turquoise lookshow LV sport ... if you live in central
california on the coast, we could paddle in morro bay together.

Hi. I've got a Mirage, not a Looksha, but I'm here in SLO. Drop me a
line if you're going out. Are you on the Yahoo SloPaddlers group?
Anybody else out there? Drop me a line.........Bill D.
Vineet Buch

There is no Looksha I - the fastest Looksha is the Looksha II, which
is my current boat (in kevlar). Used to paddle a Looksha III, which
is now my girlfriend's boat. Both boats are full-time rudder boats,
i.e., even in flat calm water with no wind, it's incredibly hard to
paddle straight without the rudder deployed. Both roll just fine, the
III slightly easier than the II.

I paddle for fitness and also tour, and I am very happy with the
Looksha II. I find the II quite stable, although the III is even more
stable. I believe the L II is the fastest touring boat out there
(don't really consider the West Side Boat Shop EFT to be a true
touring boat).

There's lots of room in the boat - it's 20' long, after all. Assuming
you are not carrying the kitchen sink, 2-3 weeks' worth of gear should
fit quite easily. Carrying 50lb of gear didn't make any difference to
boat feel, even in 30+ mph winds driving ocean swell.

Compared to the L II, any other touring boat feels like a bathtub ...
hell, even the L III feels like a bathtub.
VB

Paul Heraty wrote in message ...
In article ,
(zak) wrote:

Thanks again to everyone for their advice. I purchased a beautiful new
red Necky Looksha IV Saturday. Now I just have to figure out when I'm
going to get time to paddle.
Thanks again!

I would be interested in hearing from anyone paddling a Looksha 1 or II.
Heard they are fast, but any good for carrying more than a weekend's
gear? (I like to do 2-3 week trips). What about entry lines?

Have been using a Telkwa Sport and love it (cept in a following sea,
fine bow seems to dive through the wave, and put most of the foredeck
underwater).

Neck Looksha IV Sea Kayak for Sale (MA) David General 0 July 16th 03 04:34 PM
the results Vineet Buch Touring 5 July 8th 03 03:46 AM
FS: Sea Kayak - Looksha IV David Touring 0 July 8th 03 03:21 AM
FS: Looksha IV Sea Kayak David Touring 0 July 8th 03 03:21 AM