posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
CJB CJB is offline

Default Save the City of Adelaide / Carrick

Please forward this email to everyone you can think of.

The e-petition to save the City of Adelaide is now open on the 10
Downing Street website. Please add your name:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/cuttysarksister/

"Signing up to ask the Prime Minister to do everything possible to
prevent the scrapping of the City of Adelaide clipper ship in Scotland
by the Scottish Maritime Museum. This ship is arguably more important
than Cutty Sark and must be saved. In light of the very tragic fire on
the 21st May 2007 which damaged the Cutty Sark clipper ship in London.
We want to highlight the plight of the City of Adelaide passenger
clipper ship whose future is threatened in Scotland as her owners (the
Scottish Maritime Museum) want to dismantle and scrap her. We urge the
Government to do everything possible to force them to urgently
reconsider this decision. She must be safeguarded for the future,
while they may not be able to restore her now, they or others may be
able to do so in the future."