Default Skūtsje -Antonius-

This picture was in the morningpaper today, scanning from a paper is always
difficult even if you put black paper on the other side.
The ship won a prime bon a race and I tink iets niche eenoog do post.
--
Gretigst
Boiler (The Nederlands)

Attached Thumbnails
Skûtsje -Antonius--sk%FBtsje-antonius.jpg

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

This picture was in the morningpaper today, scanning from a paper is
always difficult even if you put black paper on the other side.
The ship won a prime bon a race and I tink iets niche eenoog do
post.

Good scan job. This is another of your sailing barges judging by its
name?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck"

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in news:Xns9A9DE04DDBBAReplyScoreID@
140.99.99.130:

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

This picture was in the morningpaper today, scanning from a paper is
always difficult even if you put black paper on the other side.
The ship won a prime bon a race and I tink iets niche eenoog do
post.

Good scan job. This is another of your sailing barges judging by its
name?

The sailing barges have a lot of different types. This is an open sailing
barge (zeil praam), used to transport goods.A skutsje has a more rounded
bouw and stern.

Regards,

Jeroen

"Jeronimus" schreef in bericht
3.133...

Good scan job. This is another of your sailing barges judging by its
name?

The sailing barges have a lot of different types. This is an open sailing
barge (zeil praam), used to transport goods.A skutsje has a more rounded
bouw and stern.

You're right Jeroen, I did not look at the details.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Jeronimus added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Good scan job. This is another of your sailing barges judging by
its name?

The sailing barges have a lot of different types. This is an open
sailing barge (zeil praam), used to transport goods.A skutsje has a
more rounded bouw and stern.

Thank you. I think you're saying I pretty much have it right. Interesting
bit of info to me, never heard of these things before. I'm in the so-
called Great Lakes State of Michigan, and our motto is Water-Winter
Wonderland alluding to the many, many inland lakes, rivers, and streams
and many winter sports interests, and we certainly have our share of sail
and powered craft, including barges, but the only kind I've personally
seen are more like the large coal or ore barges pushed by tugs on the
Detroit River, and even then, not often as I seldom go there.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck"

Default Info on Dutch traditional sailing vessels (Was: Skūtsje -Antonius-)

Hello all,

the discussion about ship types and the names of the different traditional
flatbottemed vessels got me curious. A little search on the internet
learned that there is an organisation for the registration of these kind of
vessels. On their website you can find the names and pictures
(unfortunately in Dutch only and quite small picures) off the different
types.

Anyway if you're interested check: http://www.ssrp.nl/scheepstypen.asp?id=8
If you roll over the different types listed the corresponding picture
should appear on the right hand side...

Regards,

Jeroen

"Jeronimus" schreef in bericht
3.133...
Hello all,

the discussion about ship types and the names of the different traditional
flatbottemed vessels got me curious. A little search on the internet
learned that there is an organisation for the registration of these kind
of
vessels. On their website you can find the names and pictures
(unfortunately in Dutch only and quite small picures) off the different
types.

Anyway if you're interested check:
http://www.ssrp.nl/scheepstypen.asp?id=8
If you roll over the different types listed the corresponding picture
should appear on the right hand side...

Thanks Jeroen.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Jeronimus added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Hello all,

the discussion about ship types and the names of the different
traditional flatbottemed vessels got me curious. A little search on
the internet learned that there is an organisation for the
registration of these kind of vessels. On their website you can find
the names and pictures (unfortunately in Dutch only and quite small
picures) off the different types.

Too bad, as only the ignorant Bouler will be able to read it, not me.

If you have the time, Jeroen, I'd appreciate some selected translations

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

"Jeronimus" schreef in bericht
3.133...
Hello all,

the discussion about ship types and the names of the different
traditional flatbottemed vessels got me curious. A little search on
the internet learned that there is an organisation for the
registration of these kind of vessels. On their website you can
find the names and pictures (unfortunately in Dutch only and quite
small picures) off the different types.

Anyway if you're interested check:
http://www.ssrp.nl/scheepstypen.asp?id=8 If you roll over the
different types listed the corresponding picture should appear on
the right hand side...

Thanks Jeroen.

Too bad this is all wasted on a fool and an idiot - see my sig to get
some idea of where I am wrt to you. You **** in your own nest BIG time
yesterday in public, insulting me personally, insulting my country that
could wipe your feeble residence off the Earth without breaking a
sweat, and you've also severely insulted my intelligence.

I was wrong, dead wrong, to have ever complemented you on what I
perceived as superior nautical knowledge to me. I really don't know all
that much, so my humility isn't fake, but I think I misread you - I
think NOW after re-reading all your the babble and drivel you posted in
these several threads that I've forgotten more about boats and ships
than you'll ever know.

If you intend to challenge my facts, which I can easily and document,
you'd better come back at me with some lame excuses. The people you
admite, such as Michael Moore, show me that you can't at all tell the
difference between intelligence, knowledge, experienc, and good
judgment from the inane and insane ramblings of a certiable idiot.

[...]

Hello Hemi,

No offence, but I think I can speak for the group if I say that I would
greatly prefer if personal disagreements were kept as far away as possible
from this group. Show some respect to the people who're here to share
pictures, stories and info (whether correct or maybe some ot of the box) on
ships in this group, with great respect for eachother.

I hope you're willing to help to keep this newsgroup on a decent track.

Thanx in advance, regards,

Jeroen