Default Usenet downloads: StobartJohn-HenryBHydeLeavingPier20EastRiver1886-sj.jpg 300238 bytes

None of these are mine. They were downloaded mainly from several
NGs. My apologies to the OPs but I did not record their names.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"And, that's all I'm going to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Attached Thumbnails
Usenet downloads: StobartJohn-HenryBHydeLeavingPier20EastRiver1886-sj.jpg 300238 bytes-stobartjohn-henrybhydeleavingpier20eastriver1886-sj.jpg

schreef in bericht

None of these are mine. They were downloaded mainly from several
NGs. My apologies to the OPs but I did not record their names.

When you see scans with "Sj" in it thats the name of the scanner.
I think I have the most of her.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Default Usenet downloads: StobartJohn-HenryBHydeLeavingPier20EastRiver1886-sj.jpg 300238 bytes - for Bouler

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:45:59 -0500, Sj wrote:

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:16:55 +0100, "Bouler"
wrote:

schreef in bericht
om...

None of these are mine. They were downloaded mainly from several
NGs. My apologies to the OPs but I did not record their names.

When you see scans with "Sj" in it thats the name of the scanner.
I think I have the most of her.

I found my Stobart book & find a fair number I've not scanned ...

It's a coffee-table sized book (13" x 16"), bought at a used
book store years ago for the ridiculous price of $20 ...

Only problem is it's heavy, large, & requires a fair amount of
manipulation/balancing to fit onto the scanner bed so I can
get a good scan ... but it's on my To Do List

http://www.stobart.com/books.html
American Maritime Paintings of John Stobart

Right column, second down

Sj

Good for you, not taking the book down to scan. Too many good books
have been destroyed such as the Audubon birds of America. An original
today if it could be found would fetch 10 million dollars or multiples
of that. I have 4 or so of those plates and most have been cropped.
They are probably worth 10 grand but if they had not been cropped
would be worth 10 times that maybe.

"Sj" schreef in bericht

When you see scans with "Sj" in it thats the name of the scanner.
I think I have the most of her.

I found my Stobart book & find a fair number I've not scanned ...

It's a coffee-table sized book (13" x 16"), bought at a used
book store years ago for the ridiculous price of $20 ...

Only problem is it's heavy, large, & requires a fair amount of
manipulation/balancing to fit onto the scanner bed so I can
get a good scan ... but it's on my To Do List

I understand, most of the time scanning in parts and than past them.

http://www.stobart.com/books.html
American Maritime Paintings of John Stobart

--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Sj" schreef in bericht

Only problem is it's heavy, large, & requires a fair amount of
manipulation/balancing to fit onto the scanner bed so I can
get a good scan ... but it's on my To Do List

I understand, most of the time scanning in parts and than past them.

Generally, if it 'don't' fit on the scanner bed,
it 'don't get scanned ;-)

I did that with the Tallshipcalendar, scanning in two parts and pasting
them.
I was satisfied about the results;-)
Sometimes its just a challenge.
--